COASTAL AND PELAGIC BIRDS
CHECKLIST OF SPECIES
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
CRESLI RESEARCH ABSTRACTS
CRESLI MINI-CONFERENCE ON OPFFSHORE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT (Abstracts)
LINKS TO OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
SEAL WALK RESERVATIONS
SEAL CRUISE RESERVATIONS
OFFSHORE WHALE AND PELAGIC BIRD CRUISE RESERVATIONS
LOCAL WHALE AND PELAGIC BIRD CRUISE RESERVATIONS
CRESLI CD's and DVD's
CRESLI's AMAZON STORE
CRESLI's FACEBOOK PAGE
CRESLI on Google+
Things you might want to bring on the whale watch:
- You should be prepared for a variety of weather conditions.
several layers of warm clothing (particularly early in the season)
available; have foul weather gear available.
It's always better to be a "MORE-ON" than a
"LESS-ON", i.e., you can always take off layers of clothes if you are
too warm, but if you are cold, it's hard to add layers that you don't
- Shoes ... strong, sturdy, flat, non-skid, rubber-soled.
- A hat ... under cold conditions much body heat
is lost through your head. During warm weather a hat is needed to
protect you from the sun, rain, etc..
- Sun screen ... that blocks UVa and UVb.
- Sun glasses ... VERY IMPORTANT!
- Sea-sick medication .... If you are prone to motion
sickness, take medication before coming on board
- The vessel has a full galley with food and drinks for purchase, but
also feel free to bring your own.
- For offshore trips (all of the above and the following):
- Sleeping bag (or blanket) and pillow;